Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Checkerboard Floor

Checkerboard floor? Yes please. I am so excited I can't even tell you, the kitchen floor started to get laid last night. I couldn't believe how much faster it went than the bathroom, I guess it really does help to use 12x12 sheets of tile instead of 1/4" tile. With some help from my loyal helpers and tile cutters, the Foreman and "C" we got about 2/3 of it done last night. I have wanted a checkerboard floor since I first fell in love with the 50's decor idea in about the 5th grade and it seems very surreal to finally be getting one. I am quite sure it will be a pain to keep clean and I will probably break everything that I drop on it but I don't care at this point. I didn't think anything could top how much I love the tile in the bathroom but I was wrong.

The 1st row being laid down.

I can't wait to get back to my house and finish laying it all down tonight, I will keep you all posted as it comes along.

1 comment:

  1. I love it all! Can't wait to see with my own two eyes. xo!

    ReplyDelete