Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pantone

I am proud to say I spent my Saturday night playing on the Pantone website. Now at first glance it may appear that I have way too much time on my hands but that is actually the opposite of what happened, I just saved myself hours of randomly searching thru cyberspace. I have been grappling on what colors to use in the bathroom, I wanted something to go with the mint green and that was somewhat era appropriate but that was still fun and had a bit of my own personality infused in it. Maggie the wonderful owner of The Shanty (mentioned here ) showed me a color board on the Pantone website that she thought would make a great bedroom color combo and wanted my opinion on it.
I instantly had a light bulb moment, I had forgotten all about the Pantone website and being a visual person I love inspiration boards and have made them for almost every room in the house so why not look here for possible color combinations. Granted this is meant for weddings but it gives you a great idea of how colors go together plus inspiration can come from anywhere if we are looking for it.  Here are a few of my favorites, I am definitely noticing a pattern emerging here. 
  
Green/Grey
 

Black & Chartreuse

 




No comments:

Post a Comment